Tea Bases (Camilia Sinensis)Edit
- Made from fermented leaves of tea plants.
- Keemum tea
- Yunnan tea
- Assam tea
- Nilgiri tea
- Made from semi-fermented leaves of tea plants
- Green tea is not oxidized, and quickly dried. Because of this, the tea contains many health benefits.
- Made from the early buds of tea plants. The are generally the rarest and most expensive of the regular teas. As a result of the short oxidation, white tea contains the most health benefits of any tea.
- Pu-erh tea comes from the Yunnan province in China, and has a distinct
earthy aroma. This tea differs from other black tea because it grows a thin layer of mold on the leaves, which are harmless and known to have many health benefits. Pu-erh, like wine, gets better with age. Cakes of Pu-erh that have aged for decades are sold for several thousand dollars.
Earl Grey Tea
- Earl Grey tea is named after its inventor, Charles, Earl Grey. The flavouring of Earl Gray Tea comes from the Bergamot plant, which is a citrus grown plant in the Mediterranean.
Lapsang souchong tea
- Lapsang souchong is a tea of Chinese origin which is noted for its smoky taste.
English Breakfast tea
Irish Breakfast tea
- Tea infused with Jasmine
Herbal Teas (Tisanes)Edit
- Tea compressed into a brick shape, for ease of transport, sometimes decoratively.
- Not members of the camellia genus.